Tuesday, November 8, 2016

John Rutherford wins in Florida's 4th Congressional District.

I congratulate John Rutherford (Republican) for running a fine campaign. With most of the votes in, it appears that he will be representing Florida’s 4th Congressional District.  It looks like he got over 168,000 votes. David Bruderly (Democrat) apparently got over 73,000 votes. Gary Koniz (Independent) got over 5800 votes. Bruderly and Koniz also ran fine campaigns. There were 477 write-in votes, most of which were probably for me, since I was the only write-in candidate who was officially in the race.  
Congressman-elect Rutherford will be following in the footsteps of three great U.S. Representatives. I’m speaking of Ander Crenshaw, Tillie Fowler, and Charles Bennett, one of the all-time greats. I wish Mr. Rutherford all the best.
I thank all the dedicated and tireless volunteers who played such an important part in the campaign to #MakeAmericaLaughAgain. I couldn’t have done it without them. Also, I thank the 477 voters who chose to write in my name instead of just filling in one of the little circles. You sent a strong message!
To quote Winston Churchill, “This isn't the end. It's not even the beginning of the end. But it's, perhaps, the end of the beginning.”
What have I learned? I’d have to say that the most important lesson I’ve learned is that when you only have two signs, it’s hard to get them around to all the precincts.  
#MakeAmericaLaughAgain

No comments:

Post a Comment