Tuesday, July 26, 2016

A Tale of Two Candidates. Are Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton suffering from I-mentia?

I-mentia is a disease of the brain in which a person processes information based solely upon how it affects him or her and reacts in a self-centered way in nearly all situations.
There are two common manifestations of I-mentia. The first is self-aggrandizing statements which can range from mild egocentrism to preposterous assertions of one’s own strength, intelligence, and capabilities.
The second common manifestation of I-mentia is fabricating stories to cast oneself in the best possible light. There is also obvious evasiveness when confronted with one’s own wrongdoing. This is frequently followed by rationalizations and fabrications which can be adjusted as often as necessary.
Are Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton suffering from I-mentia? Read the following select quotes and draw your own conclusions.
Wikimedia Commons
Donald Trump
"I alone can fix it."
“Part of the beauty of me is that I am very rich.”
“When I think I’m right, nothing bothers me.”
“I will be so good at the military your head will spin.”
“Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest -and you all know it! Please don’t feel so stupid or insecure, it’s not your fault.”
“I will be the greatest jobs president God ever created.”
"I'm a great Christian."
Hillary Clinton
Wikipedia
“I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base.”
“With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night decided to go kill some Americans? What difference, at this point, does it make?”
“We came out of the White House not only dead-broke, but in debt. We had no money when we got there and we struggled to piece together the resources for mortgages, for houses, for Chelsea’s education. It was not easy.”
“The American people are tired of liars and people who pretend to be something they’re not.”
They were the best of candidates. They were the worst of candidates.
Wikipedia
Actually, in many ways, they both seem to be as bad as, and quite possibly worse than, any candidate in recent history. Neither candidate appears to have an ethical bone in his or her body. American voters have been accustomed to casting their votes for the lesser of two evils for a very long time. However, in this election cycle, determining which candidate is less evil may present voters with a dilemma.
On one hand, we have a former Secretary of State who barely escaped being indicted for her illegal use of a private email server. On the other hand, we have a narcissistic businessman with very questionable ethics. It’s amazing that the race for the Presidency has boiled down to Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.
These are the candidates that try men’s souls. And women's souls too.

No comments:

Post a Comment