Monday, November 28, 2016

Abolish the Electrical College? Oh, the democracy!

Courtesy of Wikipedia

In the wake of the recent election, many people have called for the abolition of the Electrical College. I was initially inclined to disagree. However, having had the opportunity to chew on it a bit more, I now think that getting rid of the Electrical College might be a good idea. Who came up with the Electrical College, anyways? My guess is that it was Ben Franklin, who loved electricity in a very personal way.

Don’t get me wrong. For the most part, I have nothing against electricians, even though they can be quite expensive. They help to deliver power to businesses and homeowners every day. When you need a good electrician, nothing else will do. I and my family were out of power for 24 hours during Hurricane Matthew, so I know what it’s like to have no electricity. No TV, no radio, nothing. It was me, my wife, and my three children. All we had was each other! I never want to live like that again.

Nevertheless, I now believe that the power that the Electrical College wields should not extend to the selection of our great country’s President. Furthermore, there are apprenticeship programs all over the country where aspiring electricians can get the education and training they need. That is why I now stand with those who advocate for the abolition of the Electrical College.

I’m Danny Murphy, and I approve of this rant!

No comments:

Post a Comment